Application Developer Manager/Architect – Ability to attain Secret security clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Application Developer Manager & Architect
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, 8(a) defense contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions. Spathe is currently searching for an Application Developer Manager & Architect to join our USSOCOM DevSecOps team.
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret security clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Individuals with expertise in design, deployment and management of cloud resources. Cloud architects understand at a deep level the structure and distribution of computing resources in AWS, Azure, etc. Also, will prioritize utilization to most efficiently allocate funds and resources to the platform.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and support for the cross-functional DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet technical standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Working as a technical leader along-side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Utilizing agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Designing cloud environment elements
- Creating repeatable patterns for deployments
- Facilitating collaboration between application owners and cloud engineers
- Overseeing all security controls and key security concepts incorporated into the cloud architecture during all phases
- Respond to product team needs in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience (direct supervisory experience preferred)
- Have a passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of microservices architecture, container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Deep understanding of the design, deployment and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Ability to prioritize usage to most efficiently allocate resources to maximize developer options while staying within budget.
- Knowledge of networking, security groups and policy management in relation to cloud resources.
- Strong “security first” mindset.
- 5-8 years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- 3-5 years of experience handling workloads in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads
- Proven ability to write programs using an object-oriented or functional programming language such as C#/.NET, Java, or Python
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Bonus potential
Work Location :
- Tampa, Florida
- 0%-20% per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours